Loxias Limited (“Loxias“, “we“, “our“, or “us“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
- ABOUT US
Loxias Limited (company no. 14068686) is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
Our registered and postal address is Lumaneri House Blythe Gate, Blythe Valley Park, Solihull, United Kingdom, B90 8AH
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under data protection registration number C1374993.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
The table at Annex 1 sets out the categories of personal information we collect about you and how we use that information. The table also lists the legal basis which we rely on to process the personal information.
More generally, we:
- collect personal information that you voluntarily submit to us, such as your name and contact details, when you register with us, use our Site and our services, or otherwise interact with us in the course of our business activities;
- collect personal information about you from third parties, such as social networks, public databases (where permitted by law), our advertising partners and our other business partners where we carry out joint business activities; and
- may also collect certain personal information automatically, including in relation to how you access and use the Site, technical information regarding the device you use to access the Site and the way in which you interact with our marketing emails and newsletters (such as whether you open these).
We use the information we collect about you to correspond with you, perform our agreements with you, carry out marketing activities and our day-to-day business activities and operations (as described in greater detail in Annex 1).
We may link or combine the personal information we collect about you and the information we collect automatically. This allows us to provide you with a personalised experience regardless of how you interact with us.
We will indicate to you where the provision of certain personal information is required in order for us to provide you certain services. If you choose not to provide such personal information, we may not be able to provide the services you have requested.
- ANONYMOUS DATA
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal information we collect about you (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our Site and developing new products and features. We may also share such anonymised information with others.
- DATA RETENTION
We will store the personal information we collect about you for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out in Annex 1 in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, as well as the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
- RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients (as required in accordance with the uses set out in Annex 1):
- Service providers: we may share your personal information with third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, which may include providing marketing, payment processing, courier, web hosting or analytics services.
- Professional advisors: we may share your personal information with our lawyers, accountants, insurers and other professional advisors to the extent we need to (for example, to defend ourselves against legal claims).
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction: your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganisation, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: we may share your personal information with third parties as required by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (ii) detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of agreements; and/or (iii) exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Loxias, its users or others.
- Other members of the Loxias group: we may share your personal information with our affiliates, including our parent company Polis Consulting, where they provide services on our behalf or where such sharing is otherwise necessary in accordance with the uses set out in Annex 1.
Stripe – https://stripe.com/en-gb/privacy
- STORING AND TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored on our secure servers.
International Transfers of your Personal Information. The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK and European Economic Area (“EEA”) where:
- Our group members are located. For example, [to be completed if under 6(e), other group companies receive data and that data is transferred outside the UK or EEA].
- Our third party service providers have operations, including in the USA.
In the event we need to transfer your personal data to a country which is not recognised by the UK government or EU Commission (as applicable) as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data, we shall ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure adequate protection for your personal data (for example, by entering into an international data transfer agreement or using the standard contractual clauses with the recipients of your personal information).
Further details regarding the relevant safeguards we implement can be obtained from us on request at [email protected].
- YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with data protection law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your personal information.
- Right of portability. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal data to another person.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you without undue delay.
- Right to erasure. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to erase your personal information without undue delay if the continued processing of that personal information is not justified.
- Right to restriction. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to limit the purposes for which we process your personal information if the continued processing of the personal information in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests in certain circumstances. You can also object to our direct marketing activities for any reason by clicking the “unsubscribe” link set out in any marketing communication you receive or contacting us using the details set out below.
- Right to withdraw consent. If you have provided consent to any processing of your personal information, you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of our processing carried out before this point).
Please note that not all of the above rights are absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under applicable law apply.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your national data protection authority. If you are in the UK, information on how to contact the Information Commissioner is available at www.ico.org.uk. If you are resident in the EEA, you can find details regarding your local data protection regulator here.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites, including those of our business partners, advertisers, news publications and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- NOTICE TO YOU
- CONTACTING US
ANNEX 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
|Category of personal information
|How we use it
|Legal basis for processing
|Contact details (including name, email address, phone number etc.); account details (including username, password, communication preferences)
|To register you for our services.
|It is in our legitimate Interest to register you for the services requested by you.
|Administration of your account (including sending you information regarding purchases, changes to our policies, other terms and other administrative information).
|It is in our legitimate Interest to administer your account as part of the requested services.
|To allow you to post comments and feedback on the Site.
|It is in our legitimate interest to process this information so that you can make comments and provide feedback.
|Contact details (including name, email address, phone number etc.); account details (including username, password, communication preferences); order details (including details of your purchases)
|To provide you with the services we make available through the Site (including processing as necessary to allow you to make use of the privileges associated with any shares you hold).
|It is in our legitimate interest to process this information so that we can provide you with the requested services.
|Correspondence and communications data (including details contained in your emails, messages and other communications with us); contact details (including name, email address, phone number etc.)
|To respond to queries and complaints and provide you with information and materials that you request from us.
|It is in our legitimate interests to respond to your queries and provide any information and materials requested in order to maintain good customer relations.
|Contact details (including email address, phone number etc.); marketing preferences (including marketing consents)
|Marketing and advertising (including sending you newsletters and measuring the effectiveness of our marketing).
|Consent (if required under applicable law).
Where consent is not required under applicable law (for example, where you are an existing customer and have not opted out of receiving our marketing communications or you are a corporate subscriber), such processing is necessary in our legitimate interests, namely to develop and grow our business.
|Account details (including username, password, communication preferences); technical data (including IP address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, preferred language, activities, operating system and platform, and geographical location)
|To correct errors and problems with the Site.
|It is in our legitimate interests to monitor the platform to ensure that it functions properly and is secure.
|To protect the security of systems and data.
|To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
It is also in our legitimate interests to protect systems and data and to prevent and detect criminal activity that could be damaging for you and/or us.
|Technical data (including IP address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, preferred language, activities, operating system and platform, and geographical location); usage data (including URL, clickstream to, through and from the website, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), date and time pages are accessed, website navigation and search terms used)
|[To analyse your usage of the Site, including for the purposes of improving the Site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.]
|[To provide you with advertising aligned with your interests and measures the effectiveness of such advertising.]
|Contact details (including name, email address, phone number etc.)
|To enforce legal rights or defend or undertake legal proceedings.
|It is in our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to protect our business, interests and rights or those of others.